Salesforceview Tutorial: Introduction, Architecture and Apex
Before we learn Salesforce, lets understand-
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is about utilizing a remote server, to store data, manage data, and process data, instead of utilizing a local server or personal computer.
What is CRM?
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is a kind of software that stores customer contact information like name, address, age, phone number. It also keeps tracks of customer activity like website visits, numbers of outgoing and incoming phone calls, email, and more.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is nothing but Software as a Service (Saas) CRM. Salesforce.com helps you to manage customer relationships, integrate with other systems, and even build your apps. The tools assists you to create a custom solution as per your business requirements. Today, Salesforce has expanded from just CRM to supply a mess of products.
History of Salesforce
- salesforce was founded by ex-Oracle employee Marc Benioff, Frank Dominguez, and Parker Harris in March 1999.
- In June 2004, the company’s IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol CRM and raised US$110 million.
- In the year of 2014 month of octoberSalesforce officials announced the development of its Customer Success Platform to merge all the Salesforce’s services like sales, service, marketing, analytics, etc.
- In the year 2017, Sales force launched a Facebook Analytics tool.
- In the year 2018, Sales force partnered with Apple for improving apps for businesses.
- Salesforce.com translated its services into 16 different or multiple languages.
Why Salesforce? Key Benefits
Here, are prime reasons for using Salesforce CRM:
- It is a solution for marketing, sales, service, partner management, and community management.
- Salesforce data is stored in the cloud so your team can use it from anywhere in the world with the help of an Internet connection.
- It caters to the needs of small as well as medium to large organizations.
- Increase customer loyalty, retention, and satisfaction
- Accelerates sales productivity
- Salesforce can easily integrate with third party applications.
- Increase the growth of your business
The Salesforce architecture can be divided into various components described as follows:
Trusted multitenant Cloud
In this component, multiple instances of 1 or more application operate separately during a shared environment. The instances are referred to as tenants which breakaway oneanother. Although, there are physically remain within the same hardware. It’s called trusted because it offers a high level of security.
Scalable Metadata Platform
This component helps you to customizations. It also allows you to extend the quantity of knowledge or data or concurrent user instances.
The enterprise Ecosystem of Salesforce is sort of big as many partners contribute by creating and maintaining during this platform.
Salesforce offers a strong suite of APIs to develop the Mobile App.
CRM and Related Functionality
Salesforce includes all features of Customer Relationship Management and also provides features for the creation of apps.
Service Nature of Salesforce
- SaaS (Software as a Service): Installations, setup or downloadnot required. Just use software across the Cloud and you can login.
- PaaS (Platform as a service): No separate platform is requiredfor this type of software service. You can use the developer’s console or code to create and deploy applications.
- laaS (Infrastructure as a service): No specific installations such as hardware or software installations needed because your data and applications are stored securely on the Salesforce cloud.
Features of Salesforce
- Marketing and sales lead: Helps you to track customer engagement by tracking email activities and convert them to customers.
- Contact management: With the assistance of this feature you’ll pull your customer’s data like activity history, frequent contacts, customer communications, etc.
- Opportunities and quotes: Helps vendor to make opportunity and quote.
- Build and run innovative apps: You’ll build, scale and manage apps.
- Analytics: It allows you to access the info, create dashboards and perform analysis.
- Email integration: It provides integrations dedicated to customer service, support and customer experience.
- Communities for sales: Online community software that permits companies to attach customers, partners and employees with oneanother.
- Salesforce Engine:Focuses on creating personalized contact with a customer for multiple campaigns designed by the marketing team.
- Sales Collaboration: This feature helps you to deal with customer queries and feedback.
- Sales Performance Management: It offers a metric-based goal setting and helps you to urge feedback & rewards for the sales team.
- Lead Management: This feature helps you to tracks the leads that are in ongoing.
- Territory Management: This feature allows you to make multiple territory models. You’ll also preview them before rollout, and helps you to optimize and balance territories.
- Partnership management: This feature allows you to create communities with partners and help them to share objectives, goals, and activities.
- Workflow and Approvals: This interface offers simple drag and drop options.
- Files Sync and Share: This feature provide the sales team the facility to share various files and update them instantly.
- Reports and Dashboards: Dashboards and reporting feature offers a real-time picture of the business at a look.
- Sales Forecasting: This feature allows you’re getting a true time view of the forecast of a sales team.
Types of Cloud:
1. Sales Cloud: This cloud brings all the customer info together in an integrated platform. It includes different features for marketing, sales, and lead generation which helps you to obtain your business goals.
2. Market cloud: Marketing Cloud helps you to watch and have interaction with the customer across the Planet.
3. Service Cloud: With service cloud, 4000 service agents solve over 10 million cases annually.
4. Analytics Cloud: Analytics cloud helps companies to see data.
5. Community Cloud: Employing a community cloud company can directly connect with resellers, distributors, and partners.
6. Commerce Cloud: The commerce cloud allows your organization to supply seamless customer service and knowledge.
7. IoT Cloud: The IoT cloud is employed by the companies to develop connected products.
8. Health Cloud: Health cloud helps the health industry to know patients beyond their charts
It is an instance of force.com and It is used to build applications or run the application. Environments are classified into three types, they are production, developer’s environment and testing environment.
Production: It is an instance of force.com and It will store the live data or business data that is frequently used to run the business.
Developer’s Environment: It is an instance of force.com and It is to build new functionalities or enhancements without affecting the production instance.
Tester Environment: It is an instance of force.com and It is used to test the application without affecting production.
Metadata: Entire application (Pages, UI, Programs, Business Logics, Automations, Settings, …) except data in the table is called Metadata and information what we enter in the table is called data.
Production: It is a collection of Metadata and Live Data.
Sandbox: It is an instance of force.com and It is an identical copy of production’s metadata or Metadata and Sample data. This is used for development /testing and training activities. Sandboxes are classified into four types, they are Developer Sandbox, Developer pro Sandbox, Partial copy Sandbox and Full Sandbox.
Refresh: This will remove old instances of production from your sandbox and create fresh copy of production.
Refresh Interval: This will specify after how many days we can re-refresh the sandbox again
Deployment: Moving the metadata changes from one environment to another environment is called Deployment.
Moving the data in the table from one application to another application is called Data Migration. In the salesforce we have some Data Migration tools like Data Loader, MuleSoft, Jitterbit, informatica on Demand, DellBoomi and so on.
It is an instance of force.com and It is an identical copy of production metadata. No data from the production will be given to the developer sandbox. It is designed for development activities by individual developers. It’s data size and file size are 200 MB space. Refresh Interval is once in a day. Activities which are done in the Developer sandbox are development and unit testing.
Developer Pro Sandbox:
It is an instance of force.com and It is designed for development activities by a group of developers. It is identical to a copy of production metadata only. No test data is provided from the Production. It’s data size and file size are of 1 GB space. Refresh Interval is once in a day. This is also called a Quality Assurance (QA) environment. Activities which are done in this sandbox are Development, Unit testing and integration testing.
Partial Copy Sandbox:
It is an instance of force.com and It is designed for testing activities. It is an identical copy of production’s metadata and sample data. Sample data of a maximum 10,000 records will be shared per object from production. It’s data size and file size are of 5 GB space. Refresh Interval is once in every 5 days. This is also called the UAT environment (User Acceptance Testing Environment). Activities done in this sandbox are all types of testing except load testing and performance testing.
a. It is an instance of force.com and It is designed for testing. It is an identical copy of productions Metadata and Data. It’s data size and file size are the size of production. Refresh Interval is once in every 29 days. It is also called a staging Environment. Activities performed in this sandbox are all types of testing including Load testing and Performance testing.
a. Editions in the salesforce specify the list of features that are offered by the salesforce on your environment.Editions will be based on the cloud what we have chosen.
b.Sales Cloud or Service Cloud
1 .Salesforce Essentials :
It is designed for those organizations who need basic CRM(sales ,service) applications for a maximum of 10 users. This is the lowest edition in the salesforce. Pricing 25$/user/month.
2. Lightning Professional :
It is designed for those organizations ,who need access to complete CRM applications for any group of users. On this edition we don’t have access to Apex functionalities.We can customize anything using declarative. Pricing 75$/user/month.
3. Lightning Enterprise :
It is designed for those organizations ,who need access to complete CRM applications for any group of users. This is the minimum edition we need to have, to access apex programming. Pricing 150$/User/Month.
4. Lightning Unlimited Edition :
It is designed for those organizations ,who need access to complete CRM applications for any group of users. You will have access to both CRM and apex functionalities. In addition to enterprise we get Programmatically support, 24/7 Toll free support and Online Training.
1. Every user who wants to login to salesforce needs one license.
2. Salesforce License : It is designed for those organizations who need access to complete CRM applications and force.com functionalities .
3. Salesforce Platform License : It is designed for those organizations ,who need access to only force.com. Any user with this license will not be able to access CRM functionalities.